Housewright is seeking an OPERATIONS MANAGER to join our small, hands-on team.
Housewright was established by designer Tim Pfeiffer and architect Steve Hoedemaker, as a natural extension of the duo’s passion for creating homes. Part gallery, part showroom, Housewright Gallery is a curated collection for the art of living. The showroom (located in the Georgetown neighborhood), features furniture, artwork, textiles, lighting, and objects. Some new, some vintage; selected from around the world as well as from our own back yard. Housewright showcases a layered and eclectic range of furnishings from found objects and heritage antiques to bench-made pieces sourced directly from the workshop. The resulting collection provides everything needed to make a house into a home, with casual elegance and understated luxury.
ABOUT THE POSITION:
Well connected to all facets of the internal workings of the business the Operations Manager sees the big picture and works to ensure processes are developed and implemented to help the business succeed. This position owns inventory management and replenishment to ensure sell through and business profitability. As an organizational manager, you're empowered to make timely decisions to accommodate both the needs of our customers and the business.
- Collaborates with Store GM, to develop, partner and execute plans and strategies across the business.
- Partner with the Store GM to establish and communicate all critical metrics and expectations within the business.
- Assist in strategies that promote the business and driving sales.
- Act as Manager on Duty (MOD) in the absence of the Store GM.
- Ensure all customers are provided gracious, knowledgeable and efficient service.
- Exhibit a positive attitude and enthusiasm toward the job and the company in all forms of communication.
- Proactively communicate with the management team concerning all aspects of sales, customer feedback/traffic.
- Participate in weekly store walk-throughs with the management team and follow-up as required.
- Manage all inventory intake, using the established database and identify process improvements.
- Manage all aspects of Shopify with current and accurate inventory.
- Update and maintain the Housewright website with new and updated information as appropriate
- Manage and develop the business inventory item pricing process
- Ensure all communication are addressed (firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com)
- Assist the general manager in developing store marketing initiatives such as newsletters and mailers.
- 2-3 years of applicable experience in a role that requires customer service.
- Previous experience and proficiency with proper inventory management and Shopify
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office including Outlook, Excel and Word and project management tools
- Ability to discern priorities and manage time accordingly.
- 1-2 years of experience in project coordination
- A strong sense of personal style with a discerning eye and passion for design and home furnishings
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent education and experience desired.
- Strong communication, interpersonal, and problem-solving skills
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this job. The statements are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities, as business needs dictate.
Housewright provides a benefits package including paid time off annual bonus opportunities, health, dental + vision plans, and more.
The Operations Manager position has a pay range of $60 - $65k annually. Offered position and compensation will be determined based on applicant’s qualifications and experience.
All applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship.
Submit your application here.